Tuesday 23 April 2013

MANGO

I wanted to buy a gift for my niece's birthday...Went to Santacruz to  buy her a dress along with my friend Niyati. Her house is surrounded by all the top branded shops. We went to MANGO...(guys this is for u: this is one of the costliest brand in clothing, even now I dread to buy Mango stuff). Bought one very simple top for her. Pl dont go on the word SIMPLE..since niece is still in the school, thought of buying reasonably priced stuff...Only the "top" was worth Rs. 2K..She didnt like the design..cannot say as usual becos this is the first time she didnt like the one which I bought. (comforting myself J.......)Went to change the TOP....thought of buying stuff for me instead of buying for her (Gave her Gift coupons)....Searched, Searched and searched for a simple reasonably priced stuff but cldnt find it..Ultimately zeroed it on a trouser..then realised the amount was not matching....short of Rs. 200/-....There was nothing worth Rs. 200..decided to forgo the amt..but then Niyati said to check some T-shirts....Bought one costing Rs. 700!!!!!!!!!!....had to pay 500 more....The main underlying fact is that the T-SHIRT was such that it can be worn only at home and not outside....when I was settling the bill,  my friend commented.....CANNOT AFFORD TO EAT MANGO BUT CAN AFFORD TO WEAR MANGO AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!.....was thinking CAN I REALLY BE CATEGORISED AS "MANGO PEOPLE"??/AAM JUNTA AS COINED BY SHASHI THAROOR.....


No comments :

Post a Comment